SALTQuarters is a complete renovation of a 70-year old, former restaurant/bar on Syracuse’s Near Westside into a vibrant arts-based building. The first floor has a gallery space and three art studios. The second floor has two apartments. Each apartment is roughly 1100 square feet with two bedrooms and one bath. Both apartments have separate entrances, their own washer and dryer, air conditioning, full kitchens, and several green building technologies. SALTQuarters will be LEED Gold Certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Artist Apartments and Studios
One of the two apartments is dedicated for the participants of the Artist-in-Residence program, which hosts one local and one national artist. The other apartment, Apartment 1, is rented out to local artists and requires a year-long lease.
Building Amenities include:
– Located within close proximity and easy walking distance to Armory Square and Syracuse Downtown Business District.
– Situated along the Connective Corridor, linking the Near Westside to Syracuse University, Downtown, and area cultural venues.
– Spacious Artist apartments, including large work areas, functional kitchen space, and in-unit washers and dryers.
– On-site, off-street parking available for all building tenants
– Green building amenities including water-efficient landscaping and rain gardens.
– Direct vehicular access to all major area highways, including I-690, I-81, and the NYS Thruway.
SALTQuarters also features 3 artist studios in a creative and eclectic space. Each of the studios, ranging in size from 250 square feet to 500 square feet, has a private entrance, an entrance via the communal gallery space, tons of natural daylight, heating and cooling, and ample ventilation. These studios are ideal for a wide host of arts mediums. For artists in need of larger fabrication areas, SALTQuarters also has an outdoor fabrication patio with ample light and power to create larger installations.